Not My Job

It is not your job or my job to convince others of our faith.

Luke 24:44, 45
Now He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,

It is Jesus and only Jesus who can open the mind of others to understand the Scriptures and see the truth.

John 6:44
“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.”

And no one can come to Jesus unless the Father draws them.

John 8:31
So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;” 

It is not your job or my job to convince others of our faith.

But rather, it is your job and my job to live our faith - to continue in Jesus’ word.

And if you and I can do this then Jesus will convince others of our faith.


So…

Are you living your faith?

Are you continuing in Jesus’ word?

No comments:

Post a Comment