Pilate

Luke 23:4
Then Pilate said to the chief priests and the crowds, “I find no guilt in this man.”

Luke 23:13, 14
Pilate summoned the chief priests and the rulers and the people, and said to them, “You brought this man to me as one who incites the people to rebellion, and behold, having examined Him before you, I have found no guilt in this man regarding the charges which you make against Him.”

Luke 23:22
And he said to them the third time, “Why, what evil has this man done? I have found in Him no guilt demanding death; therefore I will punish Him and release Him.”

Luke 23:23, 24
But they were insistent, with loud voices asking that He be crucified. And their voices began to prevail. And Pilate pronounced sentence that their demand be granted.

Luke 24:44
Now He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”

Three times Pilate said that he found no guilt in Jesus and wanted to release Him, yet he still had Jesus crucified. All in order that the Scriptures might be fulfilled.

And the same is true of today’s world leaders - no matter how powerful they may be every action they take will be done in order that the Scriptures might be fulfilled.


So…

Who can stop the Scriptures from being fulfilled?

No comments:

Post a Comment