Ruth

We saw earlier that Solomon, Jonah, Elijah and Moses were all shadows or pictures of Jesus who was to come.

In the book of Ruth Boaz is yet another picture of Jesus and Ruth is a picture of you and me…




Ruth 1:16, 17
But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God.

Ruth 2:20 (English Standard Version)
And Naomi said to her daughter-in-law, “May he be blessed by the LORD, whose kindness has not forsaken the living or the dead!” Naomi also said to her, “The man is a close relative of ours, one of our redeemers.”


So…

Is Ruth’s God your God?

Is Jesus your Redeemer?


Link courtesy of “Hebrew for Christians”: http://www.hebrew4christians.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment