The Secret

John 8:28, 29
So Jesus said, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and I do nothing on My own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught Me. And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him.”

The secret to living a fulfilled life pleasing to the Father is the Holy Spirit.

John 14:26
“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”

John 16:13
“But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.”

You and I must learn to listen for the voice of the Spirit who will teach us all things, guide us into all the truth and disclose to us what is to come.

John 5:19
Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.”

John 12:49
“For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.”

You and I must learn to obey the voice of the Spirit. We must learn to do the things that He does and say the things that He says, just as Jesus did.


So…

Do you hear the voice of the Spirit?

Do you obey Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment