By My Spirit

Zechariah 4:6
Then he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel saying, ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the LORD of hosts.”

Isaiah 30:1
“Woe to the rebellious children,” declares the LORD, “Who execute a plan, but not Mine, and make an alliance, but not of My Spirit, in order to add sin to sin;”

The secret to executing a plan of the Lord is to allow His Spirit to execute the plan through us.

As soon as we take it upon ourselves to execute a plan of God that plan becomes the might and power of our flesh and not a work of His Spirit.

John 5:19
Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.”

Jesus could do nothing of Himself. Instead, He allowed His Spirit to do the work through Him. And you and I can learn from Jesus’ example. 

Unfortunately, many believers today are executing a plan of God but they are executing it by the might and power of their own flesh and not by His Spirit.

John 15:4, 5
“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.”

Apart from Jesus and His Spirit you and I can do nothing.


So…

How are you executing your plan of God (by your flesh or by His Spirit)?

No comments:

Post a Comment