Waiting for the Lord

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the LORD.

Psalm 33:20
Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield.

Psalm 39:7
And now, Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You.

Psalm 130:5, 6
I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than the watchmen for the morning; indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning.

Is there something in your life that you are waiting on the Lord for? Something big? Maybe the salvation of a loved one. Maybe getting a new job. Maybe someone is sick and they need to get well.

Did you ever stop to think that instead of you waiting for the Lord that the Lord is waiting for you?

Maybe the Lord is dying to answer your prayer but He needs you to learn something first. Maybe the Lord wants to teach you something before He can give you what you are asking Him for.

Psalm 25:4, 5
Make me know Your ways, O LORD; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all the day.

So maybe the salvation of that loved one or getting that new job or the recovery of the person who is sick really depends on you and me. Maybe the Lord is waiting for us, waiting for us to learn something new, waiting for us to take that next step closer to Him.


So…

What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment