Losing One’s Patience

Have you ever lost your patience with someone or something and just gave up and walked away?

The source of impatience is our flesh, something which our adversary the devil knows all too well and is happy to exploit. He uses our impatience to rob us of the reward we could have had had we not yielded to our impatience and turned away.

Luke 18:2-5
“In a certain city there was a judge who did not fear God and did not respect man. There was a widow in that city, and she kept coming to him, saying, ‘Give me legal protection from my opponent.’ For a while he was unwilling; but afterward he said to himself, ‘Even though I do not fear God nor respect man, yet because this widow bothers me, I will give her legal protection, otherwise by continually coming she will wear me out.’” 

Imagine if the widow lost her patience with the judge and just gave up. She would never have received her reward of legal protection.

How many times have you and I lost our patience perhaps inches or moments away from receiving our reward only to have that reward taken away from us and lost forever?

The next time we feel ourselves losing patience with someone or something take a moment and see if perhaps the reward is worth giving it just one more chance.


So…

Lose your patience lately?

Chalk one up to our old adversary the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment